Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Review: If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Title: If There's No Tomorrow
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: September 5, 2017
Add on [goodreads]

Lena Wise is always looking forward to tomorrow, especially at the start of her senior year. She's ready to pack in as much friend time as possible, to finish college applications and to maybe let her childhood best friend Sebastian know how she really feels about him. For Lena, the upcoming year is going to be epic—one of opportunities and chances. 

Until one choice, one moment, destroys everything. 

Now Lena isn't looking forward to tomorrow. Not when friend time may never be the same. Not when college applications feel all but impossible. Not when Sebastian might never forgive her for what happened. 

For what she let happen. 

With the guilt growing each day, Lena knows that her only hope is to move on. But how can she move on when her and her friends' entire existences have been redefined? How can she move on when tomorrow isn't even guaranteed?



Read from: August 10 to August 11, 2017
Read on: eARC


Review:



God this book made me cry. Seriously, I was at work and my eyes were red. Thank god I could say it was allergies ;) So if you’re sensitive like me, prepare to have some tissues while you’re reading this book.

The book sort of started slow for me maybe because I knew there was more to the story than just the problems of having a crush on your best friend, whether it’s unrequited or not. But that said, I liked that the characters were quite relatable. I may not be a teenager anymore, but I do remember feeling a lot like they did whether it’s about a boy, school or family.

Our main character is Lena and she’s your typical teenager looking forward to her senior year with her friends and then going off to college with her whole life ahead of her. She wants to enjoy her time with her friends as much as she can and simply live her life to the fullest.

One night, one choice and all of this changed. Tomorrow doesn’t seem as exciting as it used to be. She has a lot of difficulties to deal with the aftermath of the event and it affects not only her but the people around her. The story really turns around how she deals or doesn't deal with her decision from that night and how her attitude affects the people around her. She goes through quite a few mixed feelings throughout the book and sometimes, you just want to hug her and some other times, you just want her to wake up and see what's in front of her.

I think you wil love Sebastian a lot too becaue he's genuinely a good guy, if sometimes a bit oblivious, but still lol And even when she’s pushing him away like she did with the others, he’s still sticking around, refusing to leave her alone.

But more seriously, this book may have started kind of slow for me, but once the story finally solidified, I was hooked and I just wanted to get to the end and see where all of this was going. Jen’s writing will make you feel every feelings Lena is going through, but I liked that we can also feel the other character’s feelings. We may be in Lena’s head throughout the book, but her interactions with the people around give you the opportunity to see how they are also living the events occurring in the book.

Jen’s writing always gets me one way or another; she knows how to create a reaction from her readers; we may not all feel it the same, but I’m pretty sure if you love her writing, you know exactly what I mean. If you have yet to discover her books, I suggest you try this one. Just remember my advice to have tissues near you.


I was given an advanced copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment