Sunday, January 1, 2017

My Year in Books 2016





I started my Goodreads reading challenge at 150 books to read, but that didn't go well. I lowered it at 75 books because I had been stuck in a reading slump for most of 2016. Even when December started, I didn't even believe I would complete it, but guess what... I did and I even read 9 books over my goal. Yup, I read 84 books in 2016. When you compare it to last year, it's like a 100 less books, but still... that's life.

You can check my monthly recap of my reading pile to see which books I read this year, but let's start with a quick summary of my year in books :)


My ratings for my 84 books were the following
 8 were rated 5 stars
★ 1 was rated 4.75 stars
★ 18 were rated 4.5 stars
★ 2 were rated 4.25 stars
★ 44 were rated 4 stars
★ 4 were rated 3.75 stars
★ 4 were rated 3.5 stars
★ 2 were rated 3.25 stars
★ 1 was rated 3 stars

According to Goodreads, the longest book I read was Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare and the shortest would 300 Fox Way Holiday Piece by Maggie Stiefvater.


Top 5 of more read authors
(well, chosen by you know... the number of books I read of them this year lol)
1. Laura Kaye - 10 books
2. Sophie Jordan - 5 books
3. J.K. Rowling - 5 books
4. Jennifer L. Armentrout - 4 books
5. Monica Murphy - 4 books

Top 5 favourite authors read
(chosen among all the books read)
1. Jennifer L. Armentrout
2. Jay Crownover
3. Sophie Jordan
4. Laura Kaye
5. Nichole Chase

Top 5 new authors
(chosen among the authors I discovered this year)
1. Laura Kaye
2. Nichole Chase
3. Katy Evans
4. Monica Murphy
5. Rachel Vincent

Top 5 series I finished
(chosen among only the books where a series was finished)
1. Wait for You by Jennifer L. Armentrout
2. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
3. Hard Ink by Laura Kaye
4. The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent
5. Dirty Player duet by Tia Louise

Top 5 book boyfriends
(chosen among all the books I read in 2016)
1. Knox Callaghan (Devil's Rock series by Sophie Jordan)
2. Jake Simmon (American Royalty series by Nichole Chase)
3. Wade Knox (The Rules series by Monica Murphy)
4. Dax Blay (English series by Ilsa Madden-Mills)
5. MacCallum Lockwood Tate (Dirty Players duet by Tia Louise)

Top 5 favourite books
(chosen from the 5 stars rated books)
1. Retreat by Jay Crownover
2. Torn by Jennifer L. Armentrout
3. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
4. Nameless by Jennifer Jenkins
5. Bedmates by Nichole Chase


So that's my year 2016 in books. I'm working on my resolutions for 2017 so that should be up soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post :) And congrats on reading that many books! I still have to read most of the books you mentioned, lol, but they look great. Especially Lady Midnight!

    New follower via GFC, Twitter and Bloglovin' :)
    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete