Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Review: Honor by Jay Crownover (Breaking Point, #1)



Summary
(from goodreads)
Add on [goodreads]
Coming out on October 18, 2016

Don't be fooled.

Don't make excuses for me.

I am not a good man.

I've seen things no one should, done things no one should talk about. Honor and conscience have no place in my life. But I've fought and I've survived. I've had to.

The first time I saw her dancing on that seedy stage in that second rate club, I felt my heart pulse for the first time. Keelyn Foster was too young, too vibrant for this place, and I knew in an instant that I would make her mine. But first I had to climb my way to the top. I had to have something more to offer her.

I'm here now, money is no object and I have no equal. Except for her. She's disappeared. But don't worry, I will find her and claim her. She will be mine.

Like I said, don't be fooled. I am not the devil in disguise… I'm the one front and center. 


Read from: July 18 to July 20, 2016
Read on: ARC Paperback


Review:


You can't know how much I was waiting for Nassir's book when I first started reading the Welcome to the Point series. I wanted to know more about this man and when Jay confirmed she was indeed going to write his book, I was jumping of happiness.

Getting my hands on this book was necessary and when I started it, it was hard to put it down. I wanted to read more. I wanted to see where it would all lead. I wanted more as simple as that and the fact that my work and other things kept me from reading it only, it was hard, but I finally made it to the end and now I feel empty because I finished it.

Nassir was always presents in the Point series and you just wondered about him. Where did he really come from? What’s in his past? What is he really thinking about? From the first book, I was intrigued by this character. He was in everyone’s life while not letting anyone really into his.

Jay didn’t disappoint with this book as she unfolds his life story. Though it didn’t surprise me, I wasn’t actually expecting that when I first tried to imagine what led Nassir to this life, but it just fits him perfectly. I could totally imagine the boy that he was back then to the man he became and we got to know. He’s not good per say, but he does take care of what he believes to be his.

As for Keelyn aka Honor, well, I liked to read more about her. We saw her in the other books too, but other than realizing she meant something more to Nassir than the others, I didn’t know much about her but Jay gave us a good insight of what kind of person she is. She is a strong and independent person who knows what her beliefs are and she won’t let anyone change them.

Their relationship was pretty much set up like a mine field; both trying to tiptoe around it yet knowing the moment they step on it, it was going to be explosive. The years of wait probably added to that effect too. I also liked the person Nassir became whenever she was around and I liked that she didn’t let him try to do everything for her; she was capable of putting him back into his place whenever she believed he was overstepping.

Overall, this book was an amazing read and such a great addition to the Point series. I recommend highly that you start with the original trilogy Welcome to the Point before reading this book though if you haven't gotten around to do it yet.

I was so happy that my friend got me an earlier copy of this book :) So thank you sooo much Damaris.

No comments:

Post a Comment