Thursday, July 14, 2016

Review: Filthy English by Ilsa Madden-Mills (English, #2)



BWHB
Summary
(from goodreads)
Add on [goodreads]

A smokin’ hot British player…
A jilted girl…
One night of mistaken identity…

Two weeks before her wedding, Remi Montague’s fiancé drops her faster than a drunken sorority girl in stilettos. Armed with her best friend and a bottle of tequila, she hops a plane to London to drown her sorrows before fall semester begins at Whitman University.

She didn't plan on attending a masquerade party.

She sure didn’t plan on waking up next to the British bad boy who broke her heart three years ago—the devastatingly handsome and naked Dax Blay. Furthermore, she has no clue how they acquired matching tattoos.

Once back at Whitman together, they endeavor to pretend they never had their night of unbridled passion in London. 

But that’s damn hard to do when you live in the same house…

One night. Two damaged hearts. The passion of a lifetime.

*A modern love story inspired by Romeo and Juliet*

**no one dies in the writing of this novel** 


Read on: July 3, 2016
Read on: eARC


Review:



I was hooked from the first chapters. The characters, the story, the sexual tension, I loved it all and wanted more each time I finished a chapter. It took me one day to finish this book and that's only because I had a few things to do because I feel like I could have read it in a few hours.

I loved all the characters in this book, Remi to Dax, to Lulu to Spider, to Elizabeth to Declan and of course we can't forget Malcolm. All of them together made this story so interesting and I couldn't put down my book. 

Of course, the main focus is around Remi and Dax. I don't know how to explain my feelings about these two. I loved the sexual tension between them of course, but I think it was the way they interacted with one another that was so entertaining that captivated me from the beginning.

We can forget that there are some issues and trying to work around those with the heat they both get whenever they are close isn't easy and so much has been left unsaid between them that it can't be solved quickly (which is really good for us readers).

And add a few more obstacles and you got yourself a rollercoaster of feels throughout this book. I wish I could say more but I really want to keep this spoiler free and therefore, I'm keeping this really general.

But I believe you will fall for Remi and Dax's story. You have everything in this book to keep you hooked until the end. Whether they might annoy you will depend on you. I would have slapped them from time to time but only because I adore them and want them to wake up and be happy hahaha

I will also add that I loved reading from both of their point of views because you get both side of the story; making it more complete.

Bottom line, I need more of these British boys. I'm hoping for a new book in this series (though each book can be read as a standalone). I do have someone in mind for the next book and I really hope Ilsa will hear our prayers.

This book can be read as a standalone or you can go and read Dirty English before to read about the other hot British, Declan ;)

I was giving an advance copy of this book by the author in exchange of an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment