Friday, January 8, 2016

Review: Between Us by Jen McLaughlin (Sex on the Beach, #1)



BWHB
Summary

(from goodreads)

I’m just a girl…

I’m a famous country star who’s spent her life cultivating a good girl persona to avoid bad press, but I’ve reached my limit. I’m going away for spring break with my two best friends from college, and we’ve vowed to spend the vacation seeking out fun in the sun—along with some hot, no-strings-attached sex. The only thing I needed was the perfect guy, and then I met Austin Murphy. He might be totally wrong for me, but the tattooed bad boy is hard to resist. When I’m in his arms, everything just feels right.

And I’m just a guy…

I’m just a bartender who lives in Key West, stuck in an endless cycle of boredom. But then Mackenzie Forbes, America’s Sweetheart herself, comes up to me and looks at me with those bright green eyes…and everything changes. She acts like she’s just a normal girl and I’m just a normal guy, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. My past isn’t pretty, you know. I did what I had to do to survive, and she’d run if she learned the truth about my darkness. But with her, I’m finally realizing what it’s like to be alive. To laugh, live, and be happy.

All good things must come to an end…



Read from: August 17 to August 18, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review:



So this was really a cute story. It was a quick read and quite entertaining. Was it predictable? Yes. Do we care? No.

I won't lie, when I first started this book, I really thought that Mackenzie would get on my nerves and I was surprised that she didn't. I really liked her personality; she was so full of life. I was also expecting something wilder because of the title, but it wasn't and I was quite happy with it. She wanted some fun, but she didn't need to become the wildest girl to accomplish that. Does it make sense?

Austin... Austin... Austin... Oh he sounds dreamy, but I will admit that I didn't know where to stand with him. I liked him, but sometimes, I felt like he was overthinking things. I understood where he was coming from, but I was like... Go with the flow, man. But when he did let himself go, it was awesome.

Him and Mackenzie had this chemistry that you just want to squeeze them together. It wasn't explosive, but I wanted them together. I felt like they were really good together. They each had something the other needed.

Overall, it was really a cute and sexy story. I liked it from the beginning to the end. It wasn't long, but it was just the perfect length to enjoy a good summer reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment