Thursday, January 21, 2016

Resolutions 2016




So, I did My Year in Books 2015 and now, I'm going to do my Resolutions for 2016. So far, I will admit that I'm not really proud of myself. It's January 21, 2016 and I'm at 1 on 150 books read and goodreads is telling me I'm behind in my reading and its right.


But I do hope that my reading will come back to me, so here are a few resolutions that I took for this year.

Reading books for book events

So I have, for the moment, two book events confirmed for 2016. I have Apollycon 2016 and Rochester Teen Book Festival. I need to read some books for these. I had to make choices between the authors who will be at both events (either for time restrictions or budget restrictions), but here is a list of authors that I need to read books from. If  for some authors I already read all of their books, some I need to be more up-to-date. I believe it will faster than to name all the books that I want to read:

Apollycon

1. Abbi Glines
2. Erin Bowman
3. Alexandra Bracken
4. Susan Dennard
5. Sophie Jordan
6. Tessa Bailey
7. Trisha Wolfe
8. Suzanne Young (she's also at the other book event)
9. Rachel Harris

Rochester Teen Book Festival

1. Rachel Hawkins
2. Tamora Pierce
3. Scott Westerfeld
4. Sarah Rees Brennan
5. Jennifer Donnelly
6. Ellen Hopkins
7. Mercedes Lackey

There will be probably some more like the Yallfest but without a list of authors, it's hard to choose what to read. :\


Finishing some series

I want to finish a few series that I started and could have finished a long time ago, but I just never came around to do it. It's usually because I buy new books and I start on those instead of reading those that I already own, but now, I would like to finish some of those series.

So I checked my bookshelves and came up with a few series that I will try to finish:

1. Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger (2 books)
2. House of Night series by P.C. & Kristin Cast (1 book)
3. Cocktail series by Alice Clayton (2 books)
4. A Touch Trilogy by Leah Clifford (1 book)
5. Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin (1 book)
6. Fenestra Trilogy by Amber Kizer (1 book)
7. The Agency by Y.S. Lee (1 book)
8. Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta (1 book)
9. Thirst series by Christopher Pike (1 book)
10. Les Héritiers d'Enkidiev by Anne Robillard (6 books) (in french)

I have a few more, but I have to start somewhere and that's where I'll start.


Starting new series

Here, I'm not talking about buying new series, but reading those series that I bought because they looked interesting and never came around to start them. I bought all the books, but they are untouched on my bookshelves.

So I selected a few. I don't know how many I will end up liking, but hopefully, my tastes haven't changed too much for the past few years (because yes, some books were bought years ago).

So what series made the list?

1. Chasing the Dream series by Elizabeth Briggs
2. Averia series by Patrice Cazeault (in french)
3. The Chemical Garden trilogy by Lauren DeStefano
4. La trilogie des Gemmes by Kerstin Gier (in french)
5. The United States of Asgard series by Tessa Gratton
6. Kanin Chronicles by Amanda Hocking
7. Shadow Falls: After Dark by C.C. Hunting
8. Teardrop trilogy by Lauren Kate
9. Starling trilogy by Lesley Livingston
10. Polux series by Aude Vidal-Lessard (in french)


So that should be all for now. I could add more to my resolutions or take down some. At some point, it might be too much or not enough lol. Who knows. I'll probably tell you from time to time if I succeeded some of these resolutions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment