Thursday, December 31, 2015

Review: Triple Moon by Melissa de la Cruz (Summer on East End, #1)



BWHB
Summary
(from goodreads)

After they cause a terrible accident at their old high school, twin witches Mardi and Molly Overbrook are sent to live with their “aunt” Ingrid Beauchamp in North Hampton, on Long Island’s mist-shrouded East End. Because the twins cannot control their powers, their father begs Ingrid to tame them over the summer, before the White Council exiles the girls to Limbo.

Trouble continues to bubble and boil when the girls meet the younger Gardiner boys, who are just as handsome and sexy as their older kin. But all is not as it seems. As Ingrid helps the girls learn to control their magical impulses, Mardi and Molly have just this summer to figure out how to grow up, how to love, and how to be a family.



Read from: November 8 to November 16, 2015 / December 28 to December 29, 2015
Read on: Owned Hardcover


Review:




It took me a while to finish it. I gave up on it a while ago and started about a month and half later. I hated to do that to a book written by Melissa, but it just didn’t work for me. The first part that I read just kept going on and on about two girls whining about their lives and it just got on my nerves, but when I picked up again, it seemed like I had stopped at the moment it was getting better.

A lot more happen in the second half I started this book and I got hooked. When the truth was starting to come out and bad events kept occurring around town, things were getting more and more interesting. You just want to know what is actually going on. Some stuff that I connected together before the end, but there were still a few loose ends that I didn’t discover before the end of the book.

Molly was the twin that got most of my nerves and I don’t know why. Her and her sister were both equally whining about their lives, but there was just something that that bugged me about her. Maybe because she was a lot more princess than her sister in this book and I just couldn’t stand it, but she redeemed herself throughout the book.

Mardi, I liked a lot. Yes, she was whining like her sister, but she seemed way more laid back and she seemed to adjust to being there faster than Molly. Her attitude and the way she seemed to be made me like her faster than her twin.

Some romance does occur in this book, but it didn’t really make me swoon. I wouldn’t mind though a new book about them to lose myself in the romance, but for now, it just didn’t make me hooked on it. But I heard a rumor that there might be more books to follow so hopefully, I will get hooked more on them if it does happen :)

Finding Ingrid and Freya and that made me happy to see what was going on with them, but I feel like the magic the sisters usually bought to books wasn’t there as much, but I guess it’s because they weren’t the focus of the book.

I will admit that this book is my least favourite books from Melissa, but I still enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment