Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Review: Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer



BWHB
Summary

(from goodreads)

On his own

Thomas Bellweather hasn’t been in town long. Just long enough for his newlywed mother to be murdered, and for his new stepdad’s cop colleagues to decide Thomas is the primary suspect.

Not that there’s any evidence. But before Thomas got to Garretts Mill there had just been one other murder in twenty years. 

The only person who believes him is Charlotte Rooker, little sister to three cops and, with her soft hands and sweet curves, straight-up dangerous to Thomas. Her best friend was the other murder vic. And she’d like a couple answers.

Answers that could get them both killed, and reveal a truth Thomas would die to keep hidden…



Read from: December 4 to December 7, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review:




I’m really grateful to have gotten the chance to get an advanced copy of this book. I was really intrigued about this book and I won’t lie, it didn’t take the turn I thought it would after reading the summary of it.

Once I was done with the book, I had to take a few minutes to actually see whether I loved it or not. I sort of have mixed feelings about this book. I really enjoyed the writing and the idea the author came up with, but I couldn’t attached myself to the characters as much as I wanted to. I was debating between 3.5 and 4 so I finally settled for the middle and gave it a 3.75/5.

I really was hoping that before the end, I would feel something for these characters; that I would connect somehow, but it didn’t happen. Their personalities didn’t call to me and even if sometimes, I felt bad or sad for them, it wasn’t enough to make me love them more.

Though I won’t lie that the Main girl’s best friend did make me laugh. I liked her bubbly personality and I do wish she had been more in the book.

But does that make this a bad book? No. I might have no connected with the characters, but I was still intrigued enough to read until the end. I didn’t want to put the book down because I was intrigued to find what actually happened. I don’t know whether I like or notthe fact that it took a while before we got to understand what happened, but it was still a nice twist to add to this story. What I expected and what was written were two different things and I give her two tumbs up for it because there’s nothing I like more than to be surprised.

This books ends with an ending that could work for a stand alone or an opening for a sequel, but either way, you have still find closure at the end, whether it’s the ending you wanted or not, that will be up for you to decide.

Thank you NETGALLEY and KENSINGTON BOOKS for giving me the opportunity to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment