Thursday, November 26, 2015

Review: Smart Girl by Rachel Hollis (The Girls, #3)



BWHB
Summary

(from goodreads)

Brilliant designer Miko Jin is a hopeless romantic. She’s spent most of her life falling in love over and over again…with the men she finds in the pages of her favorite novels.

When Miko meets Liam Ashton, it’s love at first sight. At least, for her. Sure, the two of them are polar opposites, and yes, he seems to be dating someone new each week. But Miko knows what true love is and that you can’t rush it—after all, what she lacks in real-world experience, she makes up for in book smarts. With novels as her guide, and her best friends by her side, she knows she can get Liam to love her back. But just like any good romance novel, fate has a few plot twists in store. Will Miko get her own happy ending? Will she find the strength to stand up for what she deserves even if it means breaking her own heart?



Read from: November 24 to November 25, 2015
Read on: Ebook ARC


Review:



I'm so grateful that I got the chance to read this book before it came out. I was so happy when I saw that I could read it and jumped on the occasion. And just to tell you how much I was dedicated to this book, I could only read on my cellphone and it was written small, but I did it because I needed to and I'm so happy that I did.

I loved Miko's character from book 1 and I couldn't wait to read her book, but I won't lie to you, she got on my nerves for a while in this book. You have to love how driven she is and how she doesn't care much about other people think about her. She loves her weirdness and we love her for it, but in this, that girl disappeared for a while and it made me sad because I really wanted to hit her and tell her to look at herself in the mirror and see who she was becoming.

That said, I do understand that love can make us do crazy things and Miko isn't the kind of person to do things half-way and that's why I forgive her and still love her (hey, a girl that reads that much can't all be bad right? hahahaha). With that in mind, I tried to be more understanding towards what she was going through, but it was hard sometimes when you saw her do things that were so unlike Miko.

Her ideas for getting Liam were quite funny and it never happened in the way she planned. Making her memorable? Yes, that worked, but capture his love? Not so much. You have to give her credits for making all of those things and still not giving up after some ended in disaster. She really was determined to prove they were meant to be and nothing was going to stop her from getting him.

Liam... Oh... What to say about Liam. I love that name, but other than that, it took me a long time to fully like his character. Whenever I started to like him, he did something that made me mad and the process had to be redone. Even learning more about him could have make me accept how he was now, I still couldn't believe how selfish he could be towards Miko.

Chemistry between the two of them? Yes, there was a lot of it, but nothing was easy for them and I really couldn't wait to see how it was going to end. I wanted Miko to wake up, I wanted Liam to wake up. I wanted them to know what they were and fast.

I'm trying not to spoil anything because this book isn't due before another two months and I don't want to give spoilers, but this book is worth it and if it's the last book of the series, that ought to satisfy everyone who loves those books. If more books would be added or a spin-off could be written, I would be the first in line waiting for that or those books. :)

Thank you NETGALLEY and LAKE UNION PUBLISHING for giving me the opportunity to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment