Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Review: Leveled by Jay Crownover (Saints of Denver, #0.5)



BWHB
Summary
(from goodreads)

We all need a hero...let the Saints of Denver begin

Orlando Frederick knows what it is to be leveled by pain. Instead of focusing on his own, he’s made it his mission to help others: sports stars, wounded war vets, survivors of all kinds. But when Dom, a rugged, damaged, sinfully attractive cop, makes his way into Lando’s physical therapy practice, he might be the biggest challenge yet. Lando loved one stubborn man before and barely survived the fallout. He’s not sure he can do it again.

Dominic Voss is a protector. The police badge he wears is not only his job, it’s his identity, so when he’s sidelined because of an injury, the only thing he cares about is getting back on the force. He expects Lando to mend his body, he just doesn’t realize the trainer will also have him working toward a hell of a lot more. As attraction simmers and flares, Dom sees that Lando needs repair of his own...if only the man will let him close enough to mend what's broken.



Read on: November 17, 2015
Read on: eReader


Review:



I finally got the chance to start this and devoured it in less than a day. I really believed Jay took the best story to merge the two series together; adding old and new characters into this.

I always wanted to know more about Dominic and I really hoped that we were going to have a story about him in the new series and I'm sure that I wasn't the only one so when Jay told us that this novella was coming out, I was nearly jumping on my chair excited to read this. It's only circumstances of life that stopped me from reading this before now.

So back to the story, I really enjoyed being immersed into Orlando and Dominic's minds. Both of them had fears that pushed their relationship to the edge that could have sent them either way. I found myself often yelling at them in my mind (seriously, I couldn't really yell in my office, that would be just weird) to just man up and tell each other everything.

While Orlando had to work to make peace with certain aspects of his past life, Dominic had to work around to acceptance that his life was never going to be the same. I really feel like both men were meant to help one another as I read more about them throughout this novella.

Both had personalities that were opposites, but similar at the same. It's hard to explain, but that's how I felt.

And don't get me started on their chemistry. Jay seriously make the most passionate couples in her books and this one was no exception.

So am I more excited about the Saints of Denver? Hell yea I am, especially with the little sneak peek of Built and now, I just want to stalk Jay and steal a copy of the book hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment