Sunday, November 29, 2015

Review: The Fiery Trial by Cassandra Clare & Maureen Johnson (Tales from Shadowhunter Academy #8)



BWHB




Summary

(from goodreads)

Emma Carstairs and Julian Blackthorn become parabatai. Simon and Clary both act as their witnesses, so they can see what a parabatai bond forming looks like as they want to become parabatai as soon as Simon graduates — and because Emma asked Clary. The ritual goes unexpectedly …








Read on: November 26, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review:



I cannot say in words just how much I'm enjoying these novellas. 

I thought we would see more of Emma and Julian in this, but I guess it wasn't that important to this novella, it was simply the reason behind what Simon and Clary would go through. Though Simon wants Clary as his parabatai, he still haven't gotten the courage to ask her.

In this novella, Simon and Clary are being tested whether or not they ought to become each other's parabatai. I won't lie, I'm not sure why Magnus really felt like it was important for them to be sure about it, but it was still very interesting to read. People from Simon's past life come back and memories are brought up. I guess it was necessary for Simon to understand more and more about who he is and what he wants to be.

I have to say that I really love their friendship and I felt like nothing could really keep them apart; they were always meant to be part of each other's lives.

Emma and Julian's ceremony just made me feel uncomfortable because I really feel like it might be a mistake for them and I guess that is going to be a huge part of their story in Cassandra's new series and I can't wait to read it.

This review is short, but novellas are harder to review because I don't want to give too much, but there isn't a lot in those to start, so I might just end up spoiling it haha Okay, maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but I might get better once I get to write more reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment