Sunday, November 29, 2015

Review: Born to Endless Night by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #9)



BWHB




Summary

(from goodreads)

Simon, like the rest of the Academy, is stunned when a navy-skinned warlock baby is found on the Academy steps. They hand the child over to guest lecturer Magnus Bane, who has to bring a child home… temporarily, of course… to his man!








Read on: November 26, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review:




Wow, I can't put in words just how much I loved that one. I wasn't much about Simon as the other ones, but it doesn't matter because it had MALEC (in case you don't know, that is Magnus and Alec).

'Who could ever love it?'

That alone broke my heart when they found that note with the baby left at the Academy. Simon' first instinct is to go to Magnus for help.

What follows wasn't something I expected. So much good in this story that it just made me happy. In this novella, I see that Magnus and Alec's relationship has grown stronger, but not only that, but Alec also changed. He has a confidence that he didn't have before; he's actually being seen for what he is worth whether its from Magnus, his family, friends, shadowhunters or downworlders. 

It was fun to read just how easily Alec accepted the baby while Magnus struggled a little bit, but even more, it was the people around them and how they all acted. It was incredible and sometimes, quite surprising.

It was simply an amazing story to add to Simon's tales because this event got him and Alec to talk and we were all wondering (and if you didn't, well, you knew something that I didn't lol) why Alec was so distant with Simon after all they went through and their heart-to-heart was a great read.

I already said, but I'm saying it again; I love those novellas. I really feel like Simon is not only learning about himself and what he can do, but also, he is changing the people around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment