Sunday, November 29, 2015

Review: Angels Twice Descending by Cassandra Clare & Robin Wasserman (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy #10)









Summary
(from goodreads)


Someone lives and someone dies at Simon’s Ascension ceremony.





Read from: November 27, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review:




The last book in this series of novellas and it brings a lot of emotions right now. I seriously didn't expect to end up like this even if by reading the only line for the summary, I didn't expect it to happen like that.

Simon is getting ready to become a shadowhunter and even if every kids who are from shadowhunter's blood can't wait, many of the mundane are doubting whether they are ready to face the fact that they may not make it through the ceremony. A few walk away from it making Simon's thoughts about the graduating ceremony go in every possible place from being sure to what he wants to doubting whether he is capable of going through it.

I liked that Clary knew what Simon needed; showing up and sending him where he needs to go to be able to make up his mind. Isabelle also is a big help and I love them together so much. I'm just glad that they found each other again.

But even with all the good, Cassandra had to bring the bad and I seriously was mad when I read this. I guess when she wrote the line for its summary, it might have been the most obvious choice, but I really was hoping it wouldn't come to that. If it wouldn't have been on my ereader, I might have just threw it against the wall; yes, I was that mad.

But I guess it shows that life isn't always what we want and we have to deal with it, but I felt like Simon had already gone through so much that he didn't need more. But it was still wrapped up beautifully and now, I'm waiting on the next series really impatiently, so come on Cassie, give it to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment