Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Every Day by David Levithan (Every Day, #1)



BWHB
Summary
(from goodreads)

I wake up.

Immediately, I have to figure out who I am. It's not just the body - opening my eyes and discovering whether the skin on my arm is light or dark, whether my hair is long or short, whether I'm fat or thin, boy or girl, scarred or smooth. The body is the easiest thing to adjust to, if you're used to waking up in a new one each morning. It's the life, the context of the body, that can be hard to grasp.

Every day I am someone else. I am myself - I know I am myself - but I am also someone else.

It has always been like this.



Read from: September 30 to October 6, 2015
Read on: Owned Paperback


Review:




It took me a while to get into this book. I can't even say that it was confusing, but I couldn't attach myself to the main character. But, I hate to leave a book I started to read unread, so I kept reading and reading to finish it.

It's easy to read and quite an interesting concept the author had for this book, but I just felt like it went so fast. I feel like he left out a lot of details about what A is and when the realization that he might not be the only one came, there wasn't much said. It really left me with more questions than answers and I don't know whether or not I will read the second book though I do own an ARC of it. I might just to know whether or not some of my questions will be answered.

So like I said, the concept really got me to want to read the book, but I feel it didn't add up to its full potential. I couldn't get attached to A like I hoped that I would and most of the time, I just felt like A was holding on to something that didn't really belong to him/her in the first place.

And (sorry if spoilery), there is a vilain, but he's barely there and it just felt like he was added there to bring some mystery about what A is but it didn't bring much to the story if I'm honest.

It's not biggest or most complete review, but I can't think of anything else to add. It's a quick read if you get into it, but it didn't rank high on my top list of books read.

No comments:

Post a Comment