Saturday, September 19, 2015

Taking Shots by Toni Aleo (Assassins, #1)



BWHB
Summary

(from goodreads)

Elli Fisher has never thought she was good enough, let it be her job, her weight, her love life, nothing. That is until she meets Shea Adler. After doing a promotional shoot for the NHL team, the Assassins, she meets the hunky hockey player who shoots a puck, shattering her world.

Shea Adler was tired of the life he was living outside of the rink. The girls, the money blowing, the drinking, everything had to stop and it all did when he met Eleanor Fisher. He had never met anyone like her. She was feisty, witty, shy, and simply gorgeous. When he laid eyes on her, it was as if he was taking the hardest hit of his life into the boards, and he had to have her. Elli is a little skeptical of Shea, but he knows that they were meant to be together, and he needed her in his life.

Can Elli throw her insecurities out the window and love Shea with everything inside of her, or will she let a past relationship, and her family ruin any chance of her being happy.



Read from: September 14 to September 19, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review:



My friend Nancy has been telling me about this author and this series for a while now and she even lent me her book to read, but since it was autographed and I was seriously scared that I could ruin it somehow, so I gave it back and started to read it on the ebook.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this book; it could have gone either way, but I quickly loved the author's writing style. She had a way to express herself in this book that made it such an easy read.

And the characters... What can I say about the character. I could relate with Elli on so many levels and I think that's why it was so easy to read. Her doubts and fears are ones so many of us feel that you can't help but to connect with her. That said, they were times I just wanted to knock some senses into her, but I get that people around can tell us we are wrong but until we truly believe it, it just won't go through.

The thing that hurt me the most was Elli's family... well a good part of her family who were just so mean. I never thought that I could hate characters as much as I hated them. I'm just thanking God that Elli had a few members of her family that she could count to love her and always be there for her.

And Shea was the kind of man who was probably portrayed a little too perfect for my taste; but who cares, we all wanted him anyways hahaha And I know some people have issues when it comes to a womanizer suddenly become infatuate with a girl, thinking it's like impossible, but I like to believe there's always that one person who will make us want to have more so why couldn't it happen?

And Shae's family is so united that no wonder whoever came in contact with them felt part of their group quickly. And he has a twin sister, Grace, and I liked how she described their bond, but I will admit from time to time, I felt she was more there for him than him for her.

And now about Elli and Shae. Their story had ups and downs and there were times I felt like it was going crazy fast and sometimes, not enough, but overall, the story was a great read and entertainning. You couldn't help wanting to read the next chapter to see what else could happen.

And of course was can I say about their friends? I loved them. I wished we would had more Jakob, but it seemed that his role was really more passive. He was there but not really if it makes sense and perhaps is was because of Harper, Elli's best friend, who was really loud and took most of the place hahaha

So will I read more books from Toni Aleo? Definitely. I can't wait to continue the series and read her other series. She has a new fan in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment