Monday, September 14, 2015

Review: Sweet Temptation by Wendy Higgins (The Sweet Trilogy, #4)



BWHB
Summary

(from goodreads)

This swoonworthy, romantic companion novel to Wendy Higgins's New York Times bestselling Sweet Evil series is told from irresistible bad-boy Kaidan's point of view. Readers will love getting inside Kaidan's head, especially fans of the Divergent series by Veronica Roth, the Selection series by Kiera Cass, and Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire.

When bad-boy drummer Kaidan Rowe encounters good girl Anna Whitt, the girl chosen to vanquish the demons from earth, he can't stop thinking about her. The Nephilim son of the Duke of Lust, Kaidan tries to help Anna embrace a life of sin, but she gradually helps him see that he's meant to do more with his life. Their relationship is as tortured as it is passionate, for Nephilim are forbidden to fall in love. But as hard as they may try to obey, Kai can't seem to stay away from Anna, nor Anna from Kai.

Full of chemistry and high-stakes drama, this companion book is darker, hotter, and completely satisfying.



Read from: September 10 to September 11, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review:




I fell in love with Kaidan Rowe all over again with this book. I wouldn't advise to read this before you read the other 3 books because you might get confused because the author just goes through some big part of the other books quickly since she's really focusing on Kaidan's journey through the trilogy.

Reading from his perspective really helped us get to understand him more. I knew things weren't easy for him, but you really got to see just how hard it was for him. You learn a lot through him and reading his thoughts, his feelings was just heartbreaking sometimes. I won't lie sometimes I just thought he was an idiot and I wanted to slap him, but it always redeemed himself after that.

Reading about him and Anna brought me back to the first time I read the trilogy and I just couldn't wait to arrive to my favourite parts of their relationship.

And I missed reading about the other characters too. I liked to see them again and I won't lie, I would love to read more about them. Think Wendy could come up with some novellas for them? I'd like to know what happened to some of them.

So this is short, but seriously, if you get to read the trilogy, you have to read this one as well. I know some people don't nessarely enjoy reading the same story from the other main character's point of view, but this one is really worth it.

Wendy Higgins has brought us back to her world brillantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment