Friday, September 4, 2015

Review: Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin (The Beaumont Series, #1)



BWHB
Summary

(from goodreads)

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. 

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile. 

And now I’m going back. 

After ten years. 

I hope I can explain that after all this time. 

I still want her to be my forever girl.



Read from: August 12 to August 14, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review:





So I finally decided to read this book because I was seeing the author on the facebook page of a book event I'm attending and I just liked her so much that I decided to give a chance to her books.

Biggest mistake of my life because now I want all of her books hahaha

But really, I didn't think I would get hooked so easily. I was just a few chapters into the story that I already wanted more and needed to read. It was hard to let go of my book to things like work, eat or sleep.

I think that I loved the interaction between every characters; not just the main. I really felt like everyone had its place in this story and I'm looking forward to read more about them in the next books.

I'm also glad that Josie was a down to earth character. She didn't rush into making decisions though some of her reactions are quite explosive in the beginning, but I feel they can kind of justify with her history with Liam.

Liam is really a good guy even if he makes a lot of mistakes, but you can tell that he just wants to make up for his past actions; you see him really try and I think that's why I fell for him in the first chapters.

I really love these second chance books because you never know what will happen. I loved that the author didn't make us feel right away how their story would end; I liked that a small part of me doubted where it would all go.

And for a girl that isn't fond of love triangles, this one didn't leave such a bitter taste in my mouth. I think its due to the history they all have with each other.

The only bad point of this book? It would probably be the fact that Liam came back to town to the funeral of a guy he called his best friend though they hadn't spoken in years. I really feel like if this character wouldn't have been killed, I would have loved him, but I guess this part was necessary.

Now I can't wait to read the other books. So many characters deserve a book and I hope they all get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment