Thursday, September 3, 2015

Review: After by Anna Todd (After, #1)



BWHB
Summary

(from goodreads)

Tessa is a good girl with a sweet, reliable boyfriend back home. She’s got direction, ambition, and a mother who’s intent on keeping her that way. 

But she’s barely moved into her freshman dorm when she runs into Hardin. With his tousled brown hair, cocky British accent, tattoos, and lip ring, Hardin is cute and different from what she’s used to. 

But he’s also rude—to the point of cruelty, even. For all his attitude, Tessa should hate Hardin. And she does—until she finds herself alone with him in his room. Something about his dark mood grabs her, and when they kiss it ignites within her a passion she’s never known before. 

He’ll call her beautiful, then insist he isn't the one for her and disappear again and again. Despite the reckless way he treats her, Tessa is compelled to dig deeper and find the real Hardin beneath all his lies. He pushes her away again and again, yet every time she pushes back, he only pulls her in deeper. 

Tessa already has the perfect boyfriend. So why is she trying so hard to overcome her own hurt pride and Hardin’s prejudice about nice girls like her? 

Unless…could this be love?

Now newly revised and expanded, Anna Todd’s After fanfiction racked up 1 billion reads online and captivated readers across the globe. Experience the Internet’s most talked-about book for yourself!

There was the time before Tessa met Hardin, and then there’s everything AFTER ... Life will never be the same.



Read from: August 31 to September 3, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review:




My rating is between 3.75 and 4. I really did enjoy the book enough to want to continue the series, but I don't know if I would buy them.

So I started reading this book because of my friend Livia. One of her co-workers lend her the book, she started reading it even if neither of us were interested in it first. You have to know we are both One Direction fans and this is based on them. Though, I won't lie to you, we thought it was another fanfiction before she actually started it and we realized our mistake.

Anyways as she got more and more into it, she asked to read it so she could have someone to talk about it, so I did because I'm a good friend and I wanted to find out why she wanted to talk about it so badly.

So now onto the review...

I will start with this right away so you know.... BOTH OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS GOT ON MY NERVES!!! There it is said.

I knew they were different when I started this book, but I didn't care much for that because how many stories that I read and both MC were so different and you just wondered why they would want to be together, so that wasn't really the problem. The thing was that she was so stuck up and he was just so hot and cold with her that it was sometimes just over the top.

But that said, I did enjoy a few moments of their arguments, finding myself laughing at something one of them said, but sometimes, I would have just slapped both of them.

So Tessa is judgemental but I won't lie that throughout the book, she seemed to have grown a little bit, but you can still see that she wants to control a lot.

Hardin was such a hot and cold person. I seriously wondered sometimes why he acted like that. Sometimes, I could understand such as when she pushed too far with him when he told her he didn't want to talk or do sometimes, but most of the time, I was just like... What the fuck dude?

So together, they were explosive and it's a miracle that neither is dead, but I guess attraction is like a magnet and you can't help it.

As for the other characters, well, some I really liked like Steph and Landon for sure. I really thought that I would be annoyed with Landon at first as he's supposed to be a lot like Tessa, but I just found him to be such a good friend and I can't wait to read about him in Anna Todd's next series. I want to know what she has in store for him. Steph was just your wild girl, but I really liked her personality even if at the end, I wasn't too sure what to think of her, but I believe my instincts about her are right and that she is a good friend for Tessa.

I will admit that I sort of guessed the ending, but I will tell you that some details I did not guess and I want to know what will happen next.

So yes, I will read the next books in the series because I want to know what will happen, but will the other books still keep me hook or will it go down the drain... We'll have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment