Friday, August 7, 2015

Review: Beautiful Beloved by Christina Lauren (Beautiful Bastard, #3.6)




Summary

(from goodreads)


The seventh work in the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling series that started with the Beautiful Bastard, Beautiful Stranger, and Beautiful Player novels. Featuring all the Beautiful characters...plus one tiny new addition to the group.

In Beautiful Stranger , finance whiz Sara Dillon met the irresistibly sexy Brit, Max Stella, at a New York City club. Through the series we’ve watched them learn to balance commitment with their less than private brand of playfulness. In Beautiful Beloved, Max and Sara take it to the next step. But the question is: Will they be able to find a balance between the wild sexcapades they aren’t ready to retire, and the demands of parenthood that come along with their new Beautiful bundle of joy? Parenthood: it’s not for the weak of heart. 




Read on: August 6, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review:



This was really a quick read. I was happy that it was about Sarah and Max, but once again, I was sort of disappointed init. I felt like it was like Chloe and Bennett and it always the same old story. I can understand the struggle they had to come back to what they love juggling with having to take care of their daughter, Anna, but sometimes, I was like... It's too much. 

What saved this book? There are four reasons. 

First one, George. He got me laughing with all of his remarks and him with Anna was hilarious. I really enjoyed it whenever he came into the story.

Second one and third one, Will and Hanna. These two are just cracking me up. I really enjoyed how they try to explain things and when they babysit little Anna, you have to wonder how these two might survive parenthood one day. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but let's say, Will still needs to do some practice.

And fourth one, Niall. Niall is Max's brother who came to visit him. He's not there much at the beginning, but seriously, this guy is simply a genius with babies and Anna simply adores him. I liked that we had a bit of his backstory before the next book which is about him. Maybe Niall's book will become my favourite, who knows.

But overall, I really thank god for the other characters because the main characters just didn't do it for me. I still like them, but I felt like something was missing in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment