Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Review: Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Frigid, #2)



Summary:
(from goodreads)

Sometimes life leaves a mark…

Most days, Andrea doesn’t know whether she wants to kiss Tanner or punch him in the gut. He is seriously hot, with legit bedroom eyes and that firefighter body of his, but he’s a major player, and they can’t get along for more than a handful of minutes. Until now.

Tanner knows he and Andrea have had an epic love/hate relationship for as long as he can remember, but he wants more love than hate from her. He wants her. Now. Tomorrow. But the more he gets to know her, the more it becomes obvious that Andrea has a problem. She’s teetering on the edge and every time he tries to catch her, she slips through his fingers.

Andrea’s life is spiraling out of control, and it doesn’t matter that Tanner wants to save her, because when everything falls apart and she’s speeding toward rock bottom, only she can save herself.

Sometimes life makes you work for that happily ever after…


Read from: July 7 to July 8, 2015
Read on: Paperback

Review:



I won't lie. My rating throughout the book went between 3.5 and 4, but I settled on 4.

I was really happy to hear that we would get a book for Andrea and Tanner, but I was sort of disappointed from time to time with it.

The sexual chemistry is completely there; no doubt about it, but I felt like I couldn't connect them together as much when they were acting all cute and sweet with one another. I really wanted to after I fell for Syd and Kyler in Frigid, I really wanted to feel the same about these two.

Andrea's character was interesting, but I felt so confused with all of her feelings going in every direction that I couldn't focus on trying to connect with her; to get her. Towards the end, it got better, but I still wished that we had more to read about her during the last part of the book. I wanted to know more than just what generally happened during that time. I wanted to really see Andrea work through it all.

Tanner reminded me a lot of Kyler because both are seen as players in the books when in reality, they hadn't done anything with girls for a while. But Tanner seemed too good to be true. I know books are mostly to make us dream, but I thought he was taking things too easily or maybe I had just about enough of book guys lately who are just too good to be true and it ended up on him to get slightly on my nerves.

In the book, Andrea mentions from time to time something that happened in her freshman year that involved Tanner and her roommate and I couldn't understand why she would sometimes get mad at him for that. He didn't know her back then and wasn't aware of her feelings  and I feel like she was maybe doing that because it made it easier to push him away, but still, I felt like her anger for that was misplaced.

Overall, this book was good, but I feel there could have been more told and I wish that I really connected with the two characters because they were interesting, but they didn't hold my attention like I thought they would before I started this book.

But I will say this: Jennifer's writing always keeps me captivate even if I don't always fall for the characters. I really love how easy you can get addicted to her writing, but even if this book gave me mixed feelings about it, I would still recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment