Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Review: Beautiful Bitch by Christina Lauren (Beautiful Bastard, #1.5)





Summary
(from goodreads)


Picking up where Beautiful Bastard left off, Chloe Mills and Bennett Ryan continue their steamy, combative relationship.

Just when Chloe’s career starts to take off, Bennett wishes it would all slow down long enough to spend a wild night alone with his girlfriend. But after he refuses to take no for an answer, Chloe and Bennett find themselves with two plane tickets, one French Villa, and a surprising conversation that, predictably, leaves them wrestling under the covers.








Read from: July 20 to July 21, 2015
Read on: Ereader


Review: 




Okay, I will just point out something right now and then I'll let it go... I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but there were some mistakes in the french bits of this book. Like I said, I don't know if it was for a reason or not, but I won't lie, it sort of annoyed me since my maternal language is french.

Okay, moving on from this. I give this book between 3.75 and 4 because novellas are shorter and sometimes, I just need more details, but it was really interesting.

I was happy we got to see a bit more about where Chloe and Bennett's relationship was at now. They still argue, but I won't lie, it wasn't as much fun as in the first book, but they still manage to keep it entertaining for us readers I believe.

Still told in dual point of views, we get to see how each other them realize where they believe they are at now. I liked to see how no matter how different their thoughts were, they still led them to the same conclusion.

Also liked that there were a few flashbacks from their year together. There could have been more, but I think they went with the more important ones.

I will admit that to get some alone time together, they really seemed to have a lot of problems. Always someone or something stopping them from being alone. Even their trip to France came with a few problems.

The chemistry between the two of them was still explosive and I hope to read more about them even if it's only snippet to see what will happen with them.

So I will continue this series because now I'm really intrigued to find out about new characters and I really hope they'll be as much fun as Chloe and Bennett were.

No comments:

Post a Comment